Alright fellow big bolters, how many of you have refinished the big west coast style mirrors on your bolts and how did you go about it? Specifically, gently disassembling it all.
I got the new uprights onto the log bed and my current mirrors now need adjusted outward for proper viewing, but 56 years of weather, new paint, and corrosion have them seized. I've been hitting them for weeks with Kroil and have gotten the adjuster nuts to loosen and back off, but the actual pipes are seized. The nuts on the top and bottom of the mirrors are also seized and I stopped trying after snapping the lower driver mirror nut off. Not happy about that one.
So, shy of a literal bath tub full of penetrating oil at 200F for a week, any advice on getting these suckers apart to polish, refinish, seal, and remount as actual adjustable? I didn't turn up anything with the search function.
That said, do they even make parts for these anymore?