Those look to me like aftermarket mirrors already.
Ahhh that is a very valid point and a thought that had not yet crossed my mind. Could be the reason I find little to no info/discussion on them anywhere. If this is the case, then I feel no shame in marring them up and possibly replacing.
That is my next step. A final attempt to persuade them apart with the acetylene torch. Before I opted for that route I figured I would post up to see if anyone else had gone thru this before and had any secrets they may share. Ill break out the big guns this weekend and see where I can get with it. If they break they break, im hearing that replacements are not a big deal.
Search the big auction site for "west coast mirrors chevy" and you should find several NOS sets for sale. They come up fairly often...
Big Rig truck stops should also modern replacements...
Appreciate the info. Ill start digging around and see what I can find.