Welcome to the Stovebolt. Keep your eyes out in the forums as there are quite a few bolters from your state.

Yes, most folks that have a truck for sale has watched to many Barrett Jackson episodes and are wishful thinkers. As for undercoating and stuff please beware. It can hide a thousand sins as well as just plain pictures. For a decent truck you will most likely pay a little premium but would be well worth it in the long run.

My first suggestion would be patience....and think with your head and not the pocketbook or sentimental stuff. Caution is the word.
Stovebolt is world wide, if you find one your truly interested in perhaps a bolter lives close by and can give you a visual inspection. For the top dollar jobs there should be plenty of DOCUMENTATION such as before and after pics. If not then suspect the worst. Things get crazy when you start taking stuff apart on the old trucks.

As for questions, you can ask more specific questions in the Forum most appropiate for that application and will get more comments from those who have "been there done that".

For me, I like to reference the Old Cars Price Guide.....its a GUIDE and not the bilble! Study the 6 conditions it used to put a price on the vehicles and you can get an idea of what your up against. Its a guide but gives you something to chew on....and of course a first hand inspection is in order before purchase. It is all about condition and with your wide range of years you should be able to come up with something...........and did I mention a little patience?


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile