Hey All,
On Friday I just received my new tie-rod and ends for my 48' 1/2ton. The tie-rod seems to be too big for the threads of the new ends.
It took all of my strength to get as far as you see in the pic...I called LMC yesterday, and I told the lady what was happening. She looked it up, and stated that there was a previous customer in the logs with a similar concern, and tech-support informed him that spreading the ends a little will help. Doesn't seem correct to me, but just a feeling. You can already start to see it flaring just two threads in...Have any of you run into this?
By the way, the rod they sent stated is was for 47-56' and is a heavier duty rod then original. Appreciate the feedback. Thanks Steve
Attachments
untitled.jpg (30.78 KB, 254 downloads)


1948 1/2 Ton 6-volt 216