My grandson (who has never added air to a tire) and I, set the tire pressures at 26 PSI. That did the trick. As HRL said, I’m no longer “herding the truck down the road“. I still have too much play in the wheel, so the next step is to adjust the steering box. Off the Wally World for a fish scale.

The truck tracked perfectly straight down the road when I let go of the wheel, but I did seem like it had a bit of understeer. Do you think if I added a few lbs. it might help the understeer. Could be I used to modern steering and suspension.

Thanks for all your help and I’ll keep you updated!


Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum