Hi folks,

So I recently bought a 1954 Chevy 3600. Was told it was a daily driver, in the video it ran and drove. When I went to pick it up everyone was 'shocked' it didn't turn over like advertised. I put a jump pack on the battery and nothing happened. The owner put the pack directly on the starter and grounded it to the block and it fired right up.

I get the truck home and now i'm stumped. I've got good voltage from the battery. I've changed out the cables and cleaned up all the grounds. I tried jumping directly off the battery cables (battery removed) and nothing. Not even a rumble or gurgle, it just does nothing. I did manage to get it going once by hooking directly to the starter (that was the last time that worked). I took a voltage meter to the battery and the starter and i'm getting 6v to it. I've tried just pushing on the button under the hood and still nothing. I'm perplexed how I went from it running and able to jump off the starter, now to completely nothing.

I was hoping the grounds would be the easy answer but clearly not. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to this world and this is my first project truck.

Thanks in advance.


**Note in the picture I provided, i have since changed out the ground wire and cleaned up the connections. I'm happy to provide additional photos as requested.
Attachments
IMG-20190613-WA0009.jpg (221.03 KB, 340 downloads)
IMG-20190601-WA0007.jpg (405.24 KB, 333 downloads)
20190615_134159.jpg (425.84 KB, 185 downloads)

Last edited by Montana 54 Chevy; 06/15/2019 7:49 PM. Reason: Added engine plate pic