Been thinking about all the stuff you can do to warm up a six cylinder. Does anybody know how the FI systems work on later model Chevy cars and trucks? The injectors . . . are they just solenoid valves that open when you hit them with 12Volts? Are they digital (on/off)and fuel delivery is a function of duration or are they analog (low voltage = low flow / High voltage = high flow and fuel delivery is a function of voltage)
I have a couple of surplus DSP controllers laying around and have been thinking about putting together an engine management system. What about crank / cam position sensors? Or should I put something on the distributor shaft? Just thinking out loud.
Also, while I am at it, is there any advantage to phasing the cam while running? Wish these old sixes had a separate intake and exhaust cam so you could phase them separately.
Anyway, just wondering if any of you guys have some input here. I have gone through the calcs on timing and it wouldn't be that tough to fire injectors as a function of shaft position and be able to tweak timing and duration on the fly.