Gasoline, three types available; prices ranging from US$ 0,73 to US$ 0,86 per litre.
Two regulars, one high octane, but nothing really special.
Alcohol is much cheaper, around 40 cents per litre.
In our biggest cities(Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Belo Horizonte, among others) we can also find CNG/LPG fuels also, and they are cheaper. But the conversion is expensive, and the performance is not all that nice if you tune the car for milleage rather than performance.
I also remember that in the eighties a Governor of a State in the U.S.(that I cannot remeber what state was) invited some guys from Brazil and even took a Brazilian alcohol powered car (a Chevy Opala, 151CID powered) to a parade, but I never knew what happened after.
Many people consider me insane when they see the type of cars that I ride. And when they realize that my Ram is a real 10 cilinder, they just disbelieve.