I was always going to take an old head and put it in the chop saw and cut it in half through the intake port, just to see if the water jacket is close. If not, why couldn't you drill holes in the head UNDER the valve cover for the injectors? If you drilled them at an angle, you could have the injector shoot right down on the valve. Some sort of fuel rail could be make to supply the injectors. Imagine the dumfounded looks when you popped the hood and the only thing on the intake manifold was a throttle butterfly and a MAF sensor

I just got back from a technical school on John Deere High Pressure Common Rail fuel systems. This system is absolutely AMAZING, both in diagnostic abilities and horsepower output. This will require a lot of thought to adapt this technology to a Stovebolt, but I think it could be done.