Bartamos,
1. Turn signal switch has nothing to do with the headlights or dimmer. I know this, just clarifying my system
2. The whole thing is simple. Regardless of terminal strip or not, the wiring is per below however you get there.
Dimmer has 3 terminals This I know.
One for hot wire from headlight switch (center terminal)
One for Hi beam
One for Lo beam
Does not matter which one you chose for Hi and Lo This I know also
The headlight bulb has three terminals Also known. As I said this is a brand new harness
One for ground
One for Hi
One for Lo
The bulb grounds can be a separate wire to the body/frame or can be jumpered together as one ground to body/frame. Each lamp is individual grounded to body. No rust new restoration. Grounded to bare metal.
The Hi and Lo wires from the dimmer usually go to the left light and jumper to the right side.As I stated wires are correct, new harness
The Hi wire, from the dimmer, also gets a wire spliced to it that goes to the dash bulb. This is included in the new harness.
Problem restated:
First, I disconnected both headlight wires at the terminal strip. Turned on the lights pressed the dimmer switch, Hi beam indicator lamp worked as it should, Bright, the indicator light on, dim, light off. Reconnected the wires at the terminal strip, the problem reappeared indicator lamp burns on both Hi & Lo beam. Disconnected Lo-beam wire at the terminal strip, turned lights on. Worked as it should, Hi-beam indicator light on/off. Indicator light works OK as long as either side of the Lo-beam wires is left disconnected. Noticed a very strange thing, on the side, the Lo-beam wire is left off, the headlamp bulb has a very dim glow. Both sides do this (not at the same time) however if both Lo-beam wires are left off, the bulbs do not have the glow on Lo-beam. I used an OHM meter to test the headlamp socket, no bleed through on either side. It is a brand new harness (JC Carter, ELW4046[b][/b] The dimmer switch checks OK as well as the new light switch. I am using new GE 6006 bulbs. The truck has plenty of ground.
I am at a loss as to where it is getting current for the dim glow.
Last edited by Harold46; 02/28/2019 7:51 PM.