For all you folks that like to solve puzzles here is a tough one!
This is on a 1946 Chevy.
The Hi-beam indicator burns on Brite or Dim.
Located the problem zone but not the problem. It appears to be in the headlight harness. First, I disconnected both headlight wires at the terminal strip. Turned on the lights pressed the dimmer switch, worked as it should, Bright, indicator light on, dim, light off. Reconnected the wires at the terminal strip, the problem reappeared. Disconnected Lo-beam wire at the terminal strip, turned lights on. Worked as it should, Hi-beam indicator light on/off. Indicator light works OK as long as either of the Lo-beam wires is left disconnected. Just do not have a Lo-beam on the side the wire is not connected. Noticed a very strange thing, on the side, the Lo-beam wire is left off, the headlamp bulb has a very dim glow. Both sides do this (not at the same time) however if both Lo-beam wires are left off, the bulbs do not have the glow on Lo-beam. I used an OHM meter to test the headlamp socket, no bleed through on either side. It is a brand new harness (JC Carter, ELW4046, in conjunction with turn signal EL13312) The dimmer switch checks OK as well as the new light switch. I am using new GE 6006 bulbs. The truck has plenty of ground.
I am at a loss as to where it is getting current for the dim glow. Ideas welcome.
Thanks,
Harold