My post is not whether you know how it is supposed to be wired. I figured you knew. I went over it so you would CHECK it. If you just want to keep stating the trouble without troubleshooting, by checking each wire/item per my list, you will get nowhere.

Please realize that when something is wrong, then something is wrong. You have to find it. We can not actually find it because we are not there. The best advice is what I said. Go over it all. Not in your mind, but in your garage. CHECK EVERY WIRE AND CONNECTION.

What you have done with disconnecting wires and using meters is not working. You are at a loss. I am trying to help. I am telling you what I would do.
I would know that some wire or connection or ground, or the other causes I already took the time to spell out, were the reason. I would find it by carefully going over everything until I spot it or use a jumper replacement wire to test a wire/circuit. These wires are mostly under the hood. Just a few under dash. Not hard to check.

Lets don't dwell on what you know. Let's work on what you don't know. You don't know what is wrong. I did not mean to insinuate you don't know how the system works. I have to begin with the overall picture so that it may jog your thoughts about something. It may encourage you do STOP: and start checking everything. One at a time. You seem to want to assume everything is OK. It's not.

I know you have a new harness. I don't know if you just installed it or what. I don't know what other parts are new. I covered every possible cause and parts that could be the problem. I suggest you read my post with an eye towards troubleshooting and physically checking all the items I listed. You just ignored them by saying: I know, I know, I know.

The other reason for giving the details is for future members who search this problem.

Harold, I am trying to help you. I will keep trying until you say otherwise. I am tying to explain that you need to inspect the system carefully. Troubleshooting is an art. Most people look and don't see. They assume they did something correctly because they "knew"....or they have a new harness. None of that matters to the person who is a pro at troubleshooting. NOTHING IS TRUSTED. EVERYTHING IS LOOKED AT FOR MORE THAN TWO SECONDS. TEMPORARY JUMPERS ARE USED TO REPLACE WIRES. TERMINAL BOARDS ARE TEMPORARILY BYPASSED, ETC.

When you troubleshoot your own work, you have to throw away your ego. You have to say "one of these wires or connections or parts is bad and I have to find it." In this case, you can not keep stating the problem and hope that it isolates the cause. It does not. You have one of those crazy electrical problems that can be ground, bad bulb, intermittency, bad part, cold solder joint, feedback, etc etc. It can only be found by starting at the headlight switch and working towards the bulb.

Here is the part of my other post you did not quote:

When it's all rechecked three times, when all grounds are ACTUALLY good, terminal blocks checked, dimmer wiring and headlight switch wiring and bulb sockets/wiring are checked...it will all work. So dig thru it all and clean it up.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn