Hello Everyone
I have a very nice 1953 3100, restored and is 100% stock, with the original numbers-matching 216. I am considering doing a few "improvements" to make my old truck more fun and reliable to drive. The 216 that is in it has always been problematic, and we have never actually rebuilt the engine. I have owned this truck for about 20 years, and it spends 99.9% of its time sitting under a cover in my garage. It spent its whole life in Las Vegas, and was completely rust free when we had it painted 20 years ago. Still looks great all waxed up.

I have been debating pulling the engine and having it and the transmission fully rebuilt, and I am thinking that a nice fresh rebuilt 261 with electronic ignition and a 3.55 rear end would be a wonderful upgrade. I know many of you have replaced your 216's with newer model 235's, so I am wondering what your experience has been and what you think may be my best option.

Also, do you have any recommendations on locating an engine besides ebay. I am going to start digging into this site more, and I am very familiar with old truck parts suppliers like Classic Parts, Jim Carter, and Patrick's in Arizona.

Just looking for more experienced Bolters to provide some input before I actually make a move. I love my old truck, but I would like to make it more friendly and reliable to drive.

I couldnt figure out how to get my picture under 300MG without snipping it, but I think you get a good idea of my truck....
Attachments
53 snip3.png (266.72 KB, 219 downloads)

Last edited by Green_98; 09/01/2018 1:45 AM.

-Patrick
1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 / 4-speed / 4:11 / Commercial Red