I have a skat blast cabinet that works great. The secret to a cabinet is to change the cotton picking sand, as it is cheap, before it gets fine as dust...and also, change the plastic protective lenses that can be purchased in a roll to put over and protect the glass. Been using mine for 16 years and no problem. Have used sand, glass, black diamond. I have a bucket of plastic beads to try some day.

Muriatic acid...nasty stuff. We used it to dechrome gravure print cylinders. Get the cylinder hot, pout on the muriatic and watch it melt off. Everything in the plating dept rusted in spite of all the fans and precautions....I spent 2 days in he hospital with "bad lungs" because of it back in '79 so I know from experience.

Vinegar, to slow for me but at times I do use it.

Molasses, can get expensive at what most folks recommend. The lasses taint cheap. Somewhere a bolter lined a big box, and a long cardboard box, with plastic and dipped fenders and such. It works but is slow.

Electroliysis, yes, I use it, and I really like it. Used it on the gas tank off my 50 coupe a short time ago. I really like this.

Big parts, or small parts is the question!!!

The one thing that may be my next "tool purchase" will be a medium size tumbler. Throw the stuff in and let it tumble! Comes out nice and shiny.

In the end, I think we can have a "specific" use for each of the above, it just depends!!!!
For some of us, just a plain old bench grinder will do.

Jay, thanks for your efforts. Your tops man.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile