Thank y’all for sticking with me on this,
I could hardly wait to get out and try your suggestions…

Needle does not touch glass nor refurbished gauge face.
Disconnecting the wire at the sender flange does send the needle to Full deflection.

Now here’s something I found strange…
And I repeated it “a hand-full” of times to make certain I was seeing what I was seeing.

With the Sending unit installed in tank:
When I would disconnect the wire at the sender flange and then re-connect it
and then turn On the ign key….the gauge needle would now go to exactly 1/2 full.
When I turn the key Off and then back On….the gauge needle then goes to exactly 3/8 full.
I’m going crazy, I did the above sequence 4 or 5 times and every time… I got the same results, 1/2 then 3/8, 1/2 then 3/8......

So now I thought I’d check one of the other possible issues,
....“is the voltage reducer possibly touching the instrument cluster housing?”
(here’s where I get [censored])
In an effort to slightly pull the Voltage Reducer away from instrument housing…..the Reducer broke in half !!

you know, sometimes the simplest job turns out to be the biggest headache.

Jim

Last edited by jkvincent; 05/01/2018 4:16 PM.