Checked my vacuum at idle today and was just over 20Hg, which I think is good for a 1954/235 with a Roch B. When I pulled the vacuum advance line out, the idle speed dropped, but did not seem to affect the vacuum at the manifold.
When I was reading the thread below about 235 timing and vacuum, it mentioned that any vacuum registering at the advance line while idling is bad, but another thread I was reading said 7 to 9 Hg at the vacuum advance port is normal. Can anyone clarify? I guess if you are getting any advance at idle from the vacuum advance, then something needs to be tweaked. Once I get my hands on a 6v timing light I'll check to see if the timing has advanced at all from the ball. I just static set the timing on the ball today (after setting the dwell to 60 degrees which was .016 with the feeler gauge) and have not added any advance yet. Runs and idles fine.
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/760819/2.htmlThanks in "advance"...
Sulli