Alright, things just got interesting..... I've found out that my block has indeed been drilled for hydraulic lifters. (Pic) I've removed every lifter, and made note of what I found.
#6 Exhaust: Only groove near top. (Pic) Intake: Hole through cup and body drilled near bottom. (Pics) #5 Intake: Only groove near top. Exhaust: Only groove near top. #4 Exhaust: Only groove near top. Intake: Only groove near top. #3 Intake: Hole through cup and body drilled near bottom. Exhaust: Hole through cup and body drilled near bottom. #2 Exhaust: Only groove near top. Intake: Only groove near top. #1 Intake: Only groove near top. Exhaust: Only groove near top. It should be noted that every lifter had the groove near the top.
The groove is barely detectable with a fingernail, and if the exhaust lifter for #6 had a hole in the cup, and been drilled near the bottom, at least there would have been an identifiable pattern here. I'm thinking it might not have lasted much longer....thoughts?
1949 3600
Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Never play leap-frog with a Unicorn. 2 Wrongs don't make a right, but 3 lefts do. Of all the Henges, Stone is my favorite. If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you. Here's a word I just made up.....Plagiarism.