There are two different "Elgin" companies- - - -I'll check my purchase records, or I believe John kept the end flap off the cam box with the part number on it. I think the price was somewhere around $115.00, and it's hard to get one regrouind for that.

Elgin Industries:

Cam part # E-293S
This cam is the same grind that was used in the Stovebolt six Corvettes and the 261 solid lifter engines. Don't get spooked by the "290 degree" advertised duration- - - -they are including the clearance ramps in that number. The actual valve duration is somewhere in the 255-262 degree range. It idles smooth, has good vacuum, and pulls like a D9 bulldozer! I don't know if Elgin has the milk can lifters available or not, but there's usually a few sets of new ones on Ebay at relatively reasonable prices.
Jerry



"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!