I took her for a spin, about 4-5 miles. She did really well and sounded really fine. I was beaming from ear to ear. All the tips from you guys over the summer, when I was dealing with vacuum, timing, and idling questions, are much appreciated. I also noticed a difference having new rear shocks, versus the 40-50 year-old shocks I removed; those had zero cushion. Front shocks are next.
After the 15-20 minute drive, I did as HRL suggested and drained a couple quarts of oil and replaced them with diesel, let her idle under no load for 20 minutes, and drained the oil. Took my time, as Justhorsenround suggested. Took the cover off the bypass oil filter canister to release the air lock so it could drain, but it still held a pint of oil, so I sacrificed a turkey baster (another tip from HRL), and emptied the canister. Then replaced with 6 quarts of NAPA SAE 30. Thanks to Moparguy and others for confirming that removing the oil pan is a mini-project unto itself. May do that in the spring.
Did not get the radiator flushed. Super tickled to drive her down the road again.
All this, just in time to put her to bed very shortly.