Who would have thought the hardest thing so far is finding the right set of front wheel bearings would be the hardest thing so far. As far as I can see from the Chevy data, the 3600 and 3800 from 53-59 have the same bearings, but every catalog has something different, and my search on the forums has guys giving 2 or 3 different bearings for the 3/4 ton. From what I can tell, Rock Auto is showing the correct bearings and for quite a bit less.
We did decide to bite the bullet on the sound system and get a retro radio with speakers so we don't have to butcher the dash. For about $600 it is worth it.
Jarred has the outer cab corners cut and the inner replacements installed. Big surprise the aftermarket patch panels are taking some massaging to make them fit. I will be heading over tomorrow evening with a Navy welder and another Army vet to continue prepping for paint and getting the steering wheel refurbished.