I am sorry I haven't been posting on this project much, but it has been a crazy year. Way too many funerals this year and not enough garage time. We finally are making good progress with the build and I am confident it will be finished in plenty of time for it to go to its new home on June 17th next year. Dutchman Motorsports customized a 1978 GM full float 14 bolt rear and after All American Powder Coating worked their magic on it and the frame, we hauled it over to Idaho Drivetrain for a total rebuild and new gear set. The new Mar K bed is sitting in the boxes waiting for the rest of the body to get painted. The TH350 will be back from rebuild at General Transmission next week and I should be able to get our 283 small block at the same time. We are still sticking with the original plan to paint it Ocean Green with the white grille and bumpers and black running boards and wheels. Les Schwab came up with a nice set of 8 lug that look pretty close to the split rims we took off it.
As you guys know better than me, we still have a long way to go with this, but we finally have a lot of guys helping now that we have enough things happening and room for more people to jump in. Somebody next Father's Day will win a very cool $10 3/4 ton Chevy!