Not familiar with the swap but I have several friends that have done it. They claim its the way to go. The throttle body will function long after the carb is giving problems.
I can attest to the 4L60E. I have them in both my 37 and 52 panel. I love them....well let me correct myself. I have the 700r4 which is basically the same...........But I ran the 4L60E in my 2000 Silverado 4.8 V8 for over 325,000 miles. I sold it a month ago and it is still going strong. Never had one bit of problem with it and I pulled some helluva loads with it. While I hate to admit it, it still has the original fluid in the transmission, and never added one drop in all these years.
Go for it, let the tech savy friend have at it. There is some smart dudes out there today and as bad as we want them to help us keep the old trucks running they do have a lot to add to our knowledge base. The future stovebolters???


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile