Here is what worked for me. I tried paint thinner, the turpentine....windex/ammonia.. No go.

Saturday I worked on the spots with Kerosene. If I could scratch off the "top" of each pine rosin spot the kerosene seems to work good but would not get the last little "circle" of the base of the spot off. Late that afternoon I soaked the hood down pretty good with Kerosene and then wiped it "sort" of dry with a clean towel and just let it sit......

Then Sunday morning as I headed out to church I walked by the truck and saw "white-ish" rings on the hood. Thinking what the heck I took my bare hand and wipe at the spot....and to my surprise they slide right off. Whoa, I wipe at a couple more with the towel and they came off real slick.

Job done.....well, still have a couple spots to SOAK. The kerosene just needed time to soak all the way into the rosin and do its job. I suspect the turpentine may do as well if it was left to soak?? I was one more happy guy. The kerosene doesn't appear to have hurt the paint/clear coat. I washed it off and plan to wax it later this week when I get a chance....or pay someone to do it as Victoria went back into the hospital today for more Chemo and one of the treatments is going into her spine tomorrow.

I'll call this the end of the "pine rosin" story a big Thank You to all of you for your suggestions.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile