Tried the kerosene today an it will loosen it up but it is slow and you have to keep it wet. I got 4 maybe 5 spots in an hour but hey, its progress.

Jim, thanks for you tip. I haven't seen any Lestoil or Prepsol around my parts will check for it.
I will try a little gasoline on a couple spots tomorrow.

......** my opinion is that its hard to come off because although it is so perfect in many ways the truck hasn't been waxed probably since new. It still looks great but today, after the kerosene, I washed the front off and the water doesn't bead up in the list bit. If the truck had been waxed lately I think it would have come off much easier and quicker. Still, I'm making progress.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile