Had a little time this afternoon and tried the windex. No go. Then I decided to try paint thinner on the chrome bumper. It "sort of" worked but you have to scratch with finger nail (no razor blades!) and then let it soak for a few minutes and it'll come off with elbow grease. Did try the paint thinner in a less noticeable painted place and it was the same way. Soak/scratch/soak/rub
Tomorrow, If I get time I'm going to try kerosene and gasoline!
Understand this truck has sat since my father in law came to our house which was back mid April....However, there was pine rosin on it long before that. The "fresh stuff will break loose OK but the old stuff is dry and hard as a steel ball........ but I will get it.....I will get it..... I will get it....someday.
(Rarely driven it has sat down on the coast 30 mile from Myrtle Beach since new, 2012, parked under some crazy type of "carport" with 2 x 6's across the over head but no actual cover from the long needle pine trees which the "association" said they can't cut down".) Yeah right!
Last edited by Achipmunk; 08/16/2017 12:48 AM. Reason: add more info