Originally posted by Highlander_AD:
I don't know what's available to ya but you may also consider powdercoating the frame. In the end the labor and mat'ls needed to paint are about equal to powdercoat. We all know what lasts longer. Just my .02 on the subject. Good luck with it.
I was just recently told something that has totally changed my mind about powdercoating ... and when you think about it for 3-seconds, it makes total sense.
If you get a chip on something that's been powdercoated and rust starts to invade the metal, you have no way of getting to the rust and eventually you've got a real nightmare on your hands!
In order to get to the rust, you have to remove the powdercoat and that's a nightmare in itself ... and if you don't get to it all, the rust keeps traveling. Have you ever seen a big rig or utility truck that had a bumper all rotted to no end? THAT was powdercoated.
I guess for show vehicles powdercoating is cool ... but for a regular driver, forget it.