Well I've got my '50 AD down to the bare frame, 4 wheels and a totally stripped cab. The only thing left in the cab is the steering wheel. After 3-4 buddies looked the carcus over they are all suggesting that since I'm this far, I should remove the cab and get it sandblasted or dipped. I've got most of the sheet metal work done so it's either remove it now or leave it as is. This is my first project and I'm tempeted to do the removal. I reviewed a couple of previous posts but still have a few questions:
How does the steering column come off?
What is the best way to clean the cab up? Media blast or RediStrip? Any ideas on the cost of either?
Finally, is there any special alignment procedure or leveling process required once I reassemble the cab back onto the frame?
I was thinking of removing the cab and getting it cleaned up. I would POR 15 and paint the frame. Once the cab is cleaned I would deliver the cab to the painter and let him prime and paint the cab. I would then deliver the rest of sheet metal for painting, bring everything back to my garage and reassemble the painted body myself. Comments or suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks for the input!