Around here most media blasters use plastic. Other media is available at different costs. As far as Redi-Strip, yes they're a national gig. They usually advertise in Hemmings Motor News. There may be one near you. Never had a migrating liquid problem. The rinse is a phosphate type coating. Since the stripping is done similar to plating (but reverse) no good metal comes off. As far as rusting immediatly, everything brought to a bare metal condition will begin to oxidize quickly. Many people over-think this aspect of metal cleaning/painting. The phosphate, or conversion coating, helps limit the degree of oxidation and provide a clean etched surface for ecoat or primer. If it was to be done, fresh from the stripper would be the perfect time to POR-15 the insides and problem areas. Personally I'd brush the entire inner cab with it.

To each their own I suppose.I like chemical stripping. Sand and media (any type) are the opposite of the VISA card...it's everywhere you DON'T want it to be.


"...there can be only one..."