At least dead horses don't complain when you beat them, but that's a good point- - - - -if you've got a known good engine, swap it out and rebuild the original if you want to. I've got a Dodge V6 that fits two of my trucks, 10 years apart in age. The idea is to build up a spare, and swap it into whichever one needs an engine first, then play musical chairs with the take-out engine once it's rebuilt. I'll always have a spare built up and ready if things work out the way I plan.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!