So, I bought a new distributor cap, points and condenser. When I went to put the cap on, it didn't fit. To tall for one. A tad bigger diameter also.

I took a picture of the inside of the distributor and it's a Delco Remy 1112362-2316. Looking this up on Google seems to indicate that its for a 216. The engine in there now is a 1955-ish 235 from a truck (I think). So, I bought something that I thought would fit a 1955 235. That explains the cap not fitting. What about the points/condenser? They fit inside and appear to be identical to what I removed. Should I remove them and put the old ones back in? Which then leads to the next question....is this really for a 216 and that is part of my problem (need a distributor for a 235)?


Ron and Ryan Hill
1952 Chevy 3100