I really appreciate all the input here, especially since I hijacked this thread....

bartamos, by "centering hole won't be exactly centered in relation to the axle cut-outs"- I mean that I am (or was) concerned that when I re-radius a perch that I will move the radius to one side and the center hole in the top for the spring pin will no longer be right at the center of the top of the radius (one side of the axle will end up further forward in the chassis than the other).

Grigg- yes, I tend to overthink everything I am doing, especially when I am doing it for the first time... I've done a few restorations and a fair amount of garage fabricating with crude tools (no vertical mill or lathe), but have never messed with the suspension geometry by cutting and re-welding anything before. I see what you are saying- I'm going to give it a go as soon as I get my frame blasted.
Thanks guys,

Dave


~ Dave
1950 Chevrolet 3600 3/4-ton with 261 engine & T5 Transmission