| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,145 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 178 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 178 | My 47 3100 had no caulking. It must have departed long ago. I wanted to retain the patina but stop further deterioration as well. So I taped off about 1/4 inch above and below the seam and media blasted with the black stuff from HFT. It looked so nice afterwards I just scuffed it and primed with red oxide primer. Then found the closest satin rattle can paint I cound find and dusted a light coat.
Have you ever noticed that anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac? - George Carlin
| | |
| |
| |