During my recent rebuild following a fender bender I decided to replace the header gaskets on my '50 while the front clip was off.
They're generic block huggers,i'm not even sure what make.
Long story short,they now leak even worse than before!

All the flanges and cylinder head ports were thoroughly cleaned,new Fel-pro gaskets fitted (dry) and all header bolts were evenly torqued.

Buying new,better quality headers is NOT an option at the moment.
Or fitting an original Stovebolt motor for that matter.... wink

Question: Can any of you recommend a high temp sealant that I can use or would basic exhaust assembly paste suffice?
Suggestions/advice please....
Thanks.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.