Originally Posted by Hotrod Lincoln
Simple solution- - - - - -find a set of ram's horn exhaust manifolds and toss those headers as far into the nearest scrap iron heap as you can fling them!
Jerry

Thanks Jerry I can always rely on you for straight to the point advice,you're not the first person to suggest this solution. grin
That's something I will consider in the future,right now my financial status won't allow the purchase of such things,there's also the availability problem here even second hand.
There's also the alteration to the actual exhaust downpipes to mate up with them to consider or are the collectors normally in the same position for huggers?
If so that simplifies the problem greatly.

I DO like the o/a look of Ramshorns and i'm pretty sure GM did many,many hours R&D to develop them to work well too,function rather than form is more important to me right now.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.