Joe, welcome to the Stovebolt. The best move anyone can make with pre-73 Chevy and GMC trucks. Do your homework but don't pass up a good deal when you find one as these old trucks are getting a little harder to come by. Decide what you want and since time is on your side, somewhat anyway, be willing to look at several.
The guys in the garage forums are excellent on these old trucks so ask questions in the most appropriate forums for the questions for best results.

One thing I might add is while I once had a 46, and currently a 37, there is not very much room in them. Mine has actually gotten smaller over the years smile The AD years, '47-54 do offer a little more wiggle room. Nevertheless, its going to be YOUR truck and we'll all help you anyway we can. Keep an eye on the Trucks for Sale Forum and the guys are good about posting ads in the Ebay/craiglist forum.

Good luck and we're here to help....since I spent time in the U.P. of Mi. at K.I. Sawyer, I suspect you've had snow equipment ready since the first of Sept.!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile