Hi Achipmunk,
Thank you for the welcome. I hope to not get into analysis paralysis, and that the stars line up for my plunge into ownership before too long.
I appreciate the comment on room, as I remember reading that in passing in the history of the Chevy trucks ( The next generation after the Art Deco’s did mention GM adding more room in the cab per customer requests) — I had not thought that would be an issue.
While I am not fully round, I have an expanding equatorial budge like most middle aged men — I am hoping I can find a truck or two to at least sit in from the era I am considering to see if I will be comfortable in them. Perhaps my wife can smile and say lose weight or you won’t be able to buy a truck.
I went to college 30 miles north of K.I. Sawyer in the late 70’s and do indeed remember the snow very well. I lived through the blizzard of 78 up there, where we got 7 feet of snow in 3 days — it was awesome as a college freshman. I suppose you may well know that K.I. Sawyer is now the Marquette regional airport, as the base was closed and that long B-52 SAC runway made for a good start at a bigger airport than the one Marquette had off the shore that was forever fogged/snowed in.
Thanks again for the welcome, I hope you are enjoying your Stovebolt