Thanks Michael
It was the battery. Put a new one in and it fired right up and the amp guage showed a good charge. To double check, I unhooked one of the battery cabbles and the engine kept running off the big alternator.
It was mostly my fault since the big truck battery that was in it, had caps to add water.
I guess I have gotten used to not having to add water to batteries and never did check it.
Hope you are still considering going to the KC Reunion next month. Don't worry about bringing a truck, there will be plenty there and you will have a great time meeting everyone.

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!