Got back to it yesterday and Mike was right, it was something simple.
Battery shot craps on me and would only put out 3 volts, just enough to spin two lights slow, but not enough to do anything else.
It's really my fault, it's the old style battery with caps that you have to check the water every once in a while. Guess I got used to the newer batteries, that you don't check and I never did.
Put a good battery in and it fired right up.
Laid a tarp down and installed the driveshaft.
Pulled it to a good spot next to Brother-in-laws auto repair shop and put the flagpole up to draw attention.
I'll get it home early next week when I can get the wife to take me over there.

Thanks for the support and I would try it again if given the chance.
Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!