Bubblemaker, welcome to the Stovebolt Page. Consider yourself in good hands now and you also join other bolters from you county. Watch for them, I know Jockbolter will chime in when he see's you and there are others that may be able to lead you in the right direction.
Generally, depending on your mechanical skills, its always nice to get one that already runs and stops. The better the metal, the higher the price but will be a savings in the long run.
Once found, arm yourself with a Shop Manual, and an Assembly Manual. Some are available on line but nothing like having your own and they are not expensive.
Even if you find the right truck, and the price is right, it may still be advantageous to buy one here and ship it. CONDITION is EVERYTHING.

Check out the Tech Tips, Gallery, and learn to do a search here. You will find hours and hours of good advice and reasoning.

Post questions about a particular thing in the most correct garage forums for the greatest results.
Good luck and we are here to help. No stupid questions here.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile