Hi Alex,welcome.
Nice to see another 'Jock' here at last,I was getting lonely! grin
I see Alvin's already given you the heads up i'd chime in.
Where abouts in our fair wee country are you based?

There are many UK based 47-53 Chevys and GMCs now in the UK and they do come up for sale now and again.
The biggest limiting factor of course is your budget.
What do you want from the truck,do you want to stay stock or modified?

Thankfully there's good suppliers of parts based here now too,in fact there's a vendor based near Edinburgh,big Trevor at Hot Rod Hell who specialises in 'goodies' for these trucks.
I should also add the nice folks here at Stovebolt.com have been utterly invaluable for advice and friendship and in fact many have gone above and beyond to help me during my build.

Sparky's hit the nail on the head too,I hope you're not shy as the interest these old trucks generate here is incredible.
Get used to being stared at...

If there's any questions you have that I can perhaps answer,shoot me a PM and we can chat.

Good luck.

Last edited by jockbolter50; 07/31/2015 8:08 AM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.