Thanks...Bubblemaker.
On a good day I can sneak about 20mpg,but it's hard to keep your foot out it sometimes.
It's usually less than that.
Future plans are to hopefully improve that with a 5 speed manual and three pedals again.

Re: The pedals,the clutch/brake assembly is mounted to the chassis and the pedal arms come through the floor,only the throttle pedal is mounted to the bulkhead/firewall.
In most modern vehicles the hang from under the dash hence the term 'pendulum type'.
They take a little getting used to but work fine.

The term 'restoration' can cover a multitude of things,it all very much depends on the staring condition of said vehicle,I got lucky and scored a California truck,The main body repairs have been to the lower cab corners (even then I didn't have to use the full panels),the bottom of the door hinge pillars (cowl section) and a small amount on the floor/toeboard area on the passenger side at the battery opening,not bad considering it's age,an equivalant British motor would have disappeared with rust 40 years earlier.

Last edited by jockbolter50; 08/02/2015 9:38 AM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.