Vetteguy, welcome to the Stovebolt group. Best old GMC and Chevy site on the web.
The 261 linkage should basically hook up like the 235's in a car. Meaning you should have a "curved" rod going to and thru the toeboard, which hooks to the "swivel" on the side of the block just behind the exhaust pipe. From there should be a fairly straight rod going up from the swivel to the carb.It will be basically the same in your '46.

I'm sure Deve or one of the other guys has a picture but I don't have it marked. I'm sure they will chime in shortly.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile