Hi Carl. The 55-59 GMC MM says "position striker to start lifting door when door is 5/8 from being completely closed." The 55.2 Chevy SM says "just makes contact...without lifting door". These trucks use the same door and parts. Shows the difference in designers/engineers opinions. Seems to me if you have a little lift at closing you know it's supported from sagging because of intimate contact. TF has a ramp design, maybe AD does not.
I figured an AD guru (you are in that crowd) would confirm or deny that method. It was worth a shot. I did read that a 49 truck had bolts to adjust inside fender. But "wikiup" is many times bad info, sorry to not double check. Adjustment of TF does not include inside fender. A person needs to have a good grasp on the X, Y and Z adjustment of whatever era they have. It's kind of hard to adjust doors of any era. Gotta jack em or sling em or have three guys who won't get tired.
Fox has a good understanding of his situation and was thinking the same things I was thinking. It's going to be a bit of a battle and may require another door. The hard part of any problem is to analyze it correctly before you screw it up. (ask my wife about me taking the toaster oven apart to clean it). I think we needed a new one anyway. ohwell


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn