Originally Posted by bartamos
When the door closes, it is supposed to be "lifted" by the latch a small amount. Have you found all the door adjustment bolts? Aren't some inside front fender?
Bart,
According to the Truck Shop Manual for 1948 to 1951,
"The bottom of the rotor housing should just clear the striker." I have seen a lot of doors "lifted" upon closing (I am currently driving one like that), but that likely means that the hinge pins are worn, or the door has been removed and not reinstalled/adjusted properly.
Also ADs fenders are no where near the hinges like on TF (best truck ever made)trucks.
While I am now in a patronizing mood, I think that your suggestion to place the door in the door hole without hinges or striker is an excellent suggestion! There are just too many adjustments to make with the hinges, lock mechanism, and striker to allow you to see if the door actually fits the hole.
Carl


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission