Just did this on my 52 1/2 ton. Was not too tough. The worst part was the "dis-assembly" of the old mount. I saved the "posts" from the mount and drilled them for a new bolt to slide through. I used rubber from a big truck mud flap to make the damper bit. Bolted it back together and it works just fine. Inexpensive hollow punches from Harbor Freight made the holes in the mud flap and just a bit of compression when I put it back together. In conclusion, the posts become sleeves, and the mud flap is the rubber part. If your old posts are missing, cut some thick wall tubing and adjust the length until you get some compression on the mud flap material. A little paint and off you go. I did double the mud flap to get close to the original thickness. I hope this is helpful.


Steve H