Tim, there have probably been countless V8's put in AD style pickups including my own.
My preference is to put the m/c and booster under the floorboard. I did this on both my 37 and my 52panel. I just like the "clean" firewall. A kit is made and available from several vendors that come with the m/c, booster, chassis bracket and a fabricated brake pedal. I used one from piratejack.net located in Asheville, N.C. Good price and quality.
I'll admit that under the floor is a little hard to get to but honestly, how many times do we have to check the m/c.

The firewall mounts MIGHT be a bit easier to put in and have the swinging pedal... and easier to get to. In the end I guess it is personal choice.....but most of the time its crowded enough under the hood without the m/c and booster there to.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile