The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (texas46, eclector, Otto Skorzeny, KEVINSKI), 190 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,100
Posts1,056,178
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 435
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 435
OK folks!
It's just a month shy of 6 years since I unloaded this beast off the trailer, and proceeded to start my wondrous adventure in the world of old trucks.Over the years, I've lost enough blood to start my own blood bank, and enough sleep to keep the sandman on the unemployment line, hoping for the day when I could say it's actually finished. Well, today is that day. We had a break in the weather here(temps in the 80's)and in this part of the country, and this time of the year, that's as rare as a queer tomcat. We got it painted, the bed wood is installed,suspension completely reworked, and it's headed to OKC for Turkey Day to show it off to the family. I've had a ton of help from all kinds of good folks,(Thanks "Whiskers" Carter, John Schwarz) and the feelings I'm dealing with right now are about as strong as when the kids were born, and just behind my first kiss. Man, I am a happy camper. Later today, I'll try and figure out a way to load the tons of pictures I've taken over the last few years, and let everyone see the difference from then to now. To look at what I started with, you'd think I would make a great candidate for mental counseling just for thinking this project was worth taking on. With the medications and professional therapy, we've managed to keep from losing what little bit of grey matter I had left.Like most folks with these trucks, there are some things yet I'd like to add to it later on. Being as how here in Kansas during the summer it gets a little on the warm side, A/C is definitely something I'm looking forward to. And a set of disc brakes would be nice. Some of this, some of that...you know the drill.
I really need to say thanks to all of the "Bolters out there that have been so much help during all of this. When banging my head against the wall didn't do any good and I was looking in the phone book for the scrap dealers number, it was the prodding and the stories from everyone else that kept me going, hoping that there was really an end to all of this.
As I said, I'll try and get those pictures up as soon as I can. I won't be hard to find in a crowd either, Just look for the goofy grin that can't be taken off my face, and ol' Yella Dawg sitting in the jump seat as we get out and put some miles on the gal.
Remember to keep your chin up, as it makes for a better target.
Tramp

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/12/2025 8:38 PM.

dj durant

1964 Chevrolet C-10 Pickup Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr
Tramp #896725 11/14/2012 12:48 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Sweeeet..... I'm sure YOU were inspiration to a lot of us to. Heck, I'm just over 6 years and yet to get the BIG grin grin
Today your our hero. Thanks for sharing.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 435
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 435
It's been a while since I've posted anything, so here we go again.
I had the truck up and running in just about 2 years after I brought it home. Primer, and with a plywood flatbed so Dawg could go along, and that was good for me.Thank you Lester "Whisker's" Carter for all the help getting it back together. Then one evening I was on the way to town, and the engine started making some strange noises, and after being towed home and taking off the head, I found that the rebuild had went bad, in a big way. So out comes the engine(again).Only had just under 6,000 miles on it, and never have figured out why it went bad. Another rebuild, and I'm back in the saddle. I stopped by a friends place to visit, and he asked why I was still riding around in primer. I told him I wasn't a painter, and he said he could fix that. So the next day he's at the house at 8 in the a.m. and we are going after it like a couple of madmen. 8 days later it's covered in new colors. And I'm a happy camper. Thanks John Schwarz.
The next weekend, with the paint barely dry, I drive it to OKC to show it off to Mom and family, and when I get home, realize the reason I am so sore, is that the steering box has been leaking. Armstrong Power Steering don't cut it for this old man. So that's been reworked and back together.On that road trip, I realized I needed something to hold everything in place under the seat, and after one inquiry on Stovebolt, several of the Bolter's have me set up with an original jack storage set up. There are some really great folks on this site, and I appreciate everything everyone has done to help me with my truck.
I'd like to change out the brakes and go with disc sometime down the road. I've been collecting parts as I can, and soon enough I'll have all the stuff to do the swap. A/C is also on the list, with the Kansas summers being a little on the warm side.
While I was in OKC, my cousin came by and saw the truck. Couldn't believe the work that had been done to it, and told me it wasn't this nice when Grandma bought it new in 64'. I got home, and she had sent me some old photos she had found of when the truck was nearly new. Also found the original invoice when Grandma and family bought it new, as well as the original OK tag that was on the truck. This is the only new vehicle my grandparents ever owned, the same truck I got my license in at 15, and has a ton of good memories that go with it. I live on 3 miles of dirt road, and it takes some doing to keep it cleaned up after going to town, but there is always someone that wants to see it or talk about it when I go anywhere, And Dawg seems to think it's his ride, I just do the driving. I'll never let it go, and have to figure out how to be buried with it when the time comes.My daughter doesn't have too much interest in it, as she seems to think it's just an old truck, without the power steering, brakes, A/C, etc...that she has to have to go anywhere. I'm happier driving this old truck than I would be with a brand new one. Seems the new stuff just doesn't have any soul or character. I get everywhere I want to go in this one, just not as fast.
Thanks again to all the folks here on Stovbolt, and I'll try and keep up with the changes I make as time goes on.
Tramp http://www.flickr.com/photos/tramp54/

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/12/2025 8:38 PM.

dj durant

1964 Chevrolet C-10 Pickup Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr
Tramp #903469 12/13/2012 11:28 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Thanks to YOU Tramp. Your story makes things more interesting and I'm sure it inspires others to do the same. Way to go champ.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0