Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,475 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 368 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 368 | Dear Members: My name is Jimmi Varano, I just bought a 1954 5 window deluxe cab 3100 Chevy Truck. I have named her Jaunita... I live in the Bay Area and found her in the LA area. I saw her on Craigs list and fell in love. I called the guy and asked a million questions..he wasn't very helpful due to the fact he rarely drove her and he wasn't a gearhead.......Neither am I...I come from Harley stock, as a matter of fact I had to sell one of my bikes to get the truck as not to cause another Bill. It was ok the bike I sold I hardly ever rode...due to it being in a rigid frame and me now being over 50... I brought the car home on a trailer,lost a hubcap on the way,tried to start her up..wouldn't start...come to find out that if you don't have the wiper hose connected it causes a vacuum leak. AFTER finding that and fixing it, she fired right up. Took her on a little ride to the corner gas station for fuel..gauge doesn't work...HMMM. The steering is very loose, Brakes fair...fun as hell to drive. Got thumbs up already.. Anyway folks, Just wanted to say hello. I have already posted a question on the electrical forum...and I have a ba-zillion more to post ( Isn't this fun )... I have some picks of Jaunita on Photobucket www.photobucket.com/snipe I thinks thats how you do it ? Jimmi V
Last edited by Peggy M; 04/13/2025 12:06 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Hi Jimmi, can't see your pics, don't know your password. Welcome to the Stovebolt. Good that the brakes are allright. Seeing as that its driveable, you can fix things starting with the most important things first. Just be sure to enjoy the process.
Leo | | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 368 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 368 | Thanks Leo,I'm having a blast so far, I love to tinker and get my hands dirty..I just don't like the fact I don't know squat about the trucks ...But I am learning more everyday.Also, I think I fixed the pic problem.....try again and let me know if it works. Thanks Jimmi | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Welcome to the Stovebolt Jimmi V. Don't worry about not knowing squat. That will soon change if you listen to the tribal elders here on the bolt. Lots of good folks and knowledge thats shared. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,418 Former Workshop Owner | | Former Workshop Owner Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,418 | The picture link is working now. Wow!!! What a sharp '54.  Welcome to the Stovebolt John
~ J Lucas 2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6 2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s) 2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0 1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton 1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWBIn the Gallery My Flicker Photos! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | Hi Jimmi, welcome to Stoveboltland. That's a mighty fine 54 you've got yourself. I hope the Mrs V doesn't mind your new 'Mistress Juanita'!!
1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,519 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,519 | Dam Jimmi,looks like you scored a sweet 54. I just sold my 54 pickup,,,pretty much equivalent to yours,,diff. paint scheme but lotsa chrome and fresh paint,all new glass,new interior,,rare clock,fenton exhaust,2-1bbls,,on & on............Check my link below,iv got another 54. Good Luck, | | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 433 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 433 | Jimmi yet another great looking 54... What a great score... It reminds me of a very old friend of mine father has a 54... It looked just about like yours in the late 60's...
I be glad when my 54 gets a good paint job...
1954 Chevy 3104 3 Window Hydra-Matic in my family for over 60 Years
Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right... "Scarlet Begonias" Grateful Dead 1974
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Hey Jimmi, That's pretty sharp! Hard to imagine that that truck has issues. Good luck!
Leo | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 378 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 378 | Welcome to Stovebolt. Some of the best people are here to help you with anything you want to know about the Beloved Stovebolt. That is one sharp looking truck. Take care, Steven | | |
| |