The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (walter74, SWEET, Jerry 53, 68ironhead), 88 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,489
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 368
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 368
Dear Members:
My name is Jimmi Varano, I just bought a 1954 5 window deluxe cab 3100 Chevy Truck. I have named her Jaunita...
I live in the Bay Area and found her in the LA area. I saw her on Craigs list and fell in love. I called the guy and asked a million questions..he wasn't very helpful due to the fact he rarely drove her and he wasn't a gearhead.......Neither am I...I come from Harley stock, as a matter of fact I had to sell one of my bikes to get the truck as not to cause another Bill. It was ok the bike I sold I hardly ever rode...due to it being in a rigid frame and me now being over 50...
I brought the car home on a trailer,lost a hubcap on the way,tried to start her up..wouldn't start...come to find out that if you don't have the wiper hose connected it causes a vacuum leak. AFTER finding that and fixing it, she fired right up.
Took her on a little ride to the corner gas station for fuel..gauge doesn't work...HMMM. The steering is very loose, Brakes fair...fun as hell to drive. Got thumbs up already..
Anyway folks, Just wanted to say hello. I have already posted a question on the electrical forum...and I have a ba-zillion more to post ( Isn't this fun )...
I have some picks of Jaunita on Photobucket

www.photobucket.com/snipe

I thinks thats how you do it ?

Jimmi V

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/13/2025 12:06 AM.

1954 Chevy 3100 5-Window
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

"True victory is victory over one's self."
Krav Maga isn't pretty ... but it works just fine.


Jimmi V.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Hi Jimmi, can't see your pics, don't know your password.
Welcome to the Stovebolt. Good that the brakes are allright. Seeing as that its driveable, you can fix things starting with the most important things first. Just be sure to enjoy the process.

Leo

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 368
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 368
Thanks Leo,I'm having a blast so far, I love to tinker and get my hands dirty..I just don't like the fact I don't know squat about the trucks ...But I am learning more everyday.Also, I think I fixed the pic problem.....try again and let me know if it works.
Thanks
Jimmi


1954 Chevy 3100 5-Window
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

"True victory is victory over one's self."
Krav Maga isn't pretty ... but it works just fine.


Jimmi V.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the Stovebolt Jimmi V. Don't worry about not knowing squat. That will soon change if you listen to the tribal elders here on the bolt. Lots of good folks and knowledge thats shared.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,419
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,419
The picture link is working now. Wow!!! What a sharp '54. thumbs_up thumbs_up thumbs_up

Welcome to the Stovebolt

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi Jimmi, welcome to Stoveboltland.
That's a mighty fine 54 you've got yourself.
I hope the Mrs V doesn't mind your new 'Mistress Juanita'!!


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,519
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,519
Dam Jimmi,looks like you scored a sweet 54. I just sold my 54 pickup,,,pretty much equivalent to yours,,diff. paint scheme but lotsa chrome and fresh paint,all new glass,new interior,,rare clock,fenton exhaust,2-1bbls,,on & on............Check my link below,iv got another 54.
Good Luck,

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 433
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 433
Jimmi yet another great looking 54... What a great score... It reminds me of a very old friend of mine father has a 54... It looked just about like yours in the late 60's...

I be glad when my 54 gets a good paint job...



1954 Chevy 3104 3 Window Hydra-Matic in my family for over 60 Years

Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right... "Scarlet Begonias" Grateful Dead 1974
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Hey Jimmi, That's pretty sharp! Hard to imagine that that truck has issues. Good luck!

Leo

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 378
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 378
Welcome to Stovebolt. Some of the best people are here to help you with anything you want to know about the Beloved Stovebolt. That is one sharp looking truck. Take care, Steven


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton ~ Red Truck

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0