The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (walter74, Jay R, 52Carl, Wally / Montana, Hotrod Lincoln, 78buckshot), 122 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,417
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1456829 06/29/2022 12:23 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,418
T
Crusty Old Sarge
Crusty Old Sarge
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,418
HEY GRANDPA... WHAT"S FOR SUPPER? (I always liked HEE HAW). So folks it 's a bout a week out from the Jamboree, we need to set our menu. I know that some of us are discussing breakfast at the "Buttered Biscuit" in Maggie Valley on Thursday morning and quite possibly dinner at the "Road House" that evening. Don was thinking a small grill and Hot Dogs at the show on Friday.

As for food at the pavilion for Friday and Saturday evening :

Friday: Hamburgers and Sausage dogs, Hot Dogs as well. I will supply the meat.

We will need Buns, Cheese (Archie has this handled, THANK YOU), Condiments (will bring some home made Sauerkraut), lettuce, Onion, Tomato.
Chips, maybe Coleslaw or Potato Salad. Something sweet for afterwards. Drinks and Adult Beverages as desired.

Saturday: Pulled Pork with Cowboy Beans (Provided by Jerry, THANK YOU !) Grilled Chicken, again I will supply the meat.

We will need side dishes, Mac and Cheese? maybe a salad or something different. Drinks and Adult Beverage as desired.

We will also need the usual paper plates, napkins and flatware. I have a rough count of 20 to 25 people attending.

Please post anything you would like to bring or planning to add to the list.

I hope we have a great turn out and an enjoyable time for everyone.


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 251
P
Bolter
Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 251
Put me down for paper plates, napkins, and the flat ware.


“Old Blue” 1953 Chevrolet 3100
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,603
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Online: Content
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,603
I’ll take care of the grill and dogs at the show Friday and Saturday along with the buns and fixins.
Cookies are still a question though? Somebody said they would get chips for the show.
Stovebolt awning, table and a couple chairs will also be with me.

Jerry said he was going to smoke up some pulled pork for the evening gatherings?

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
2-Ton #1456853 06/29/2022 3:55 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,826
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Online: Content
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,826
Originally Posted by 2-Ton
Jerry said he was going to smoke up some pulled pork for the evening gatherings?

Yep, my smoker will be there on my trailer, and at least one pork butt, maybe two, will be cooked Friday night for the Saturday gathering at the pavilion. Sides will be cowboy beans and coleslaw. If somebody wants to acquire some buns for the BBQ, I won't complain!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Chips...buns....couple cases water....if thereis a grocery store near by i can pick up some potato salad and slaw.

Jerry, how many buns you think we need?


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,826
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Online: Content
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,826
A 15 pound pork butt will make at least 50 sandwiches. I usually figure on a couple of restaurant size 24 bun packs per butt. Some folks prefer to simply plate a serving instead of using a bun. There are several grocery stores, including Walmart and Aldi's, southbound between the town square and the state park, on the same highway.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
TUTS 59 #1456936 06/30/2022 12:07 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,418
T
Crusty Old Sarge
Crusty Old Sarge
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,418
The list so far:

Tuts59: Hamburgers, Sausage Dogs, Hot Dogs and Chicken. (Linda is going to make a cake and maybe some other dessert) Anyone up for "Homemade Ice Cream" I have a churn I could
bring, I may need a hand with keeping this going (Eli?)

PaPa Joe: Paper plates, napkins and flatware.

HRL (Jerry): Pulled pork, Cowboy Beans and Coleslaw.

Alvin: Water, Chips, Buns?


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 221
1
Moderator, Great Lakes Bolters
Moderator, Great Lakes Bolters
1 Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 221
We can bring the sauces, if they aren't already covered?
Ketchup, Mustard, Relish, Hot Sauce, BBQ Sauce, Ranch

--Tom

TUTS 59 #1457013 07/01/2022 12:15 AM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,603
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Online: Content
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,603
Tom, I’ll have all the fixings for the lunch at the show.
Buns, napkins and eat with your hands. Down and dirty!
Forecast looks like rain showers, I’ll have the Stovebolt awning, will there be anyone else with and awning?
I can throw another one in the 57 if need be?
Sad news for Alvin, Vicki will not be with me this year. She will be staying back here in Missouri to help her sister with some minor surgery.
Cookies may still happen? But I will have to do some. I’ll just stop there,

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
TUTS 59 #1457015 07/01/2022 12:36 AM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,418
T
Crusty Old Sarge
Crusty Old Sarge
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,418
Don I'm bringing a awning along with camp chairs and a folding table.


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
TUTS 59 #1457017 07/01/2022 12:45 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,084
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,084
John said the Stovebolt "tent" should stay in South. Craig, will you be able to keep it for awhile?


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,603
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Online: Content
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,603
Yes Peggy. The official Stovebolt Awning will be handed off to Tut's at the Southern Jamboree.
That is after the public Moo Moo dance!

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
TUTS 59 #1457039 07/01/2022 12:02 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
Hope you all have a good time just starting a new project so will be absent but love to be there


57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,084
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,084
Will we need an "official Stovebolt MooMoo" ... dear me ...


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Peggy M #1457086 07/01/2022 11:51 PM
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,726
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,726
Originally Posted by Peggy M
Will we need an "official Stovebolt MooMoo" ... dear me ...

No, we will not.


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,603
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Online: Content
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,603
John, this is the Southern Bolter’s. They will decide on a MooMoo or nothing at all?
Since I’m in the Heartland, I Don’t have a vote other than to swear in Tom and Craig.

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!

Moderated by  Achipmunk, TUTS 59 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0